Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why are the meek so blessed?.....

In the Holy Bible Matthew 5:5 >  Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.  I was wondering what makes the meek so blessed?  So blessed that they will inherit the earth, which means they don't have to pay for it, but it's given to them.  Well if you know me at all, you know that after reading that I was thinking, well what's so good about this earth.  So thank God for Pastor McCormick again because I looked up the Greek definition of the word earth, and it's speaking of Canaan, the good land, a place where there is no want and no lacking. (Judges 18:9-10) The meek are so blessed because a meek person is a humble person.  I looked the word up and the definitions that came up made me think some more.  Here are a few, see which ones you can check off.  Mild, patient, long-suffering, unselfish, gentle, kind, humble, and those were at the top of dictionary.com and then as I scrolled down I found these definitions as well, keep checking now.  Teachable, easily managed, readily trained, and OVERLY SUBMISSIVE.  BOOM!!!  WHOOP THERE IT IS!!! This just made me go...um...um...um...ya'll know how the sisters in church do it.  So it looks like to me a whole lot of deliverance needs to take place before some of us can call ourselves meek and receive the inheritance that God has already given to us.  Lord have mercy, God this is all for me, I desire to have a meek spirit.  I promise ya'll this will preach, I am bubbling inside right now because I can start with being mild which is gentle and speak on how some of us are so rude and have no compassion for people and this is not pleasing to God, and I can go to how some of us so stupid and keep ending up in stupid situations because we're not teachable.  I'm not even going to touch OVERLY SUBMISSIVE right here.  So right now I'm going to get my pen and pad so I can get a message ready when Pastor calls on me to speak again.  To God be ALL the glory.


Woman Highly Favored of God

No comments:

Post a Comment