Monday, May 16, 2011

To Be Deceived or Not To Be Deceived.....

That is the question.  I watched a show last night on t.v. and this lady and man were dating and the man was married, but going through a divorce.  Well the couple decided they weren't gonna commit adultery by being intimate, because it would be bad to commit adultery right.  But they were kissing, and going out.  I kept telling them "ya'll already committing adultery according to Matt. 5:28-- But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.  Well then I started telling them "Ya'll rather fornicate than commit adultery, sin is sin" Well after remembering that it was a t.v. show and everything that was going on was already in the script and there was nothing I could do to change it, I stopped telling them about themselves.  Anyways it made me think about what my Pastor has been preaching about, the church being deceived....  Even though this was a show on t.v. it's more so of the reality world now days.  Deception is one of the biggest enemies of the church today.  At least the sinners know they sinners and pretty much know they love what they are doing and don't want to stop.  If you witness you hear that a lot. "I don't want to play with God, I got some stuff I want to stop doing before I give my life to God"  But saved folk will think they alright but still holding on to some serious baggage, and get up and sing, and shout, and testify, and preach thinking they alright, but hell bound. Some people go to churches where they can get a real good feel good message (as my Pastor says). People don't want to hear the truth, and they go to church just because they have made habit out of it.  If you aren't growing in your church, figure out why.  I know all churches aren't the same, so make sure you spend time with God.  Ask God to show you if you are in the right place, if you are seeking God wholeheartedly, you will have a witness in your spirit on what to do.  It might be all you, so be prepared to make some changes if you really love the Lord.  Ask God to show you the truth about things.  God am I being deceived?  Sometimes deception is comfortable....we would rather just pretend we don't know better than find the answer.  Every Christian, every born again believer of Jesus Christ should seek the Holy Ghost for guidance....let the Holy Ghost filter out our every move, our every thought.  Ask Him to show us if something is right or wrong, and if it's wrong change my ideas and give me the will of God concerning this thing.  He will do it John 16:13 says But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth.  He will not speak on His own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come.  To Be Deceived or Not To Be Deceived......let's stop being deceived.  Heaven or Hell, it's your choice.




Woman Highly Favored of God









No comments:

Post a Comment