Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Idols, Are You Serving One?

I'm sure your answer is no.  I mean who would admit to serving and Idol?  An idol is anything that is more important to you than God, anything that you spend more time with than God, anything that you think about more than God, anything you replace as the source for your needs instead of God. 
So that means an idol can be your job, your car, your home, your money, your spouse, your children, your carpet, your clothes, your shoes, and this list can go on and on. 
Some have made work more important by over working, too busy to spend anytime with God.  Some have made their car and idol, wash it every other day but your Bible has a layer of dust on it.  What about those beautiful homes that you boast about forgetting to give God the glory for getting you in it.  Need I say anything about money?  Won't give God His 10% for nothing-- you don't believe that part of the Bible.  Spouse and children that you think are better than anybody elses, can't see their fault.  They will find a way to burst your heart open.  I say carpet because I use to flip out because I didn't want people wearing shoes on mine, why it's on the floor.  I still want the kids to take off theirs, but I don't flip out about it anymore.
Listen anything can be made into an idol, so it's important that we're not being ignorant and praising STUFF.


Isaiah 42:8 God says "I am the Lord, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images."(NASB) That means God ain't sharing His throne with nobody or nothing else.  He's worthy that ALL the praise goes to Him.  He let's us know in Philippians 4:19 (NASB) that He will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  He's got our back and we ain't got to be playing with no idols.  To have an idol causes corruption on yourself, God will destroy you and your idol.  Read Exodus 32 in your spare time, you might need to read it now and repent.  Read Deuteronomy 32, God is serious about not having idol gods, having vanities.  You see it's okay to have everything mentioned above but once  there is an excessive pride in that stuff, that's when the trouble comes.  Be proud of your children, but don't think they're perfect, sho' nuff your spouse got it going on, but they don't need to be put up on a pedestal.  Don't allow anything to put conceit in your heart, because then there's no room for God.


Woman Highly Favored of God



















No comments:

Post a Comment