Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trust....

But Verify....(I saw this on a sign in my city)What did Ronald Reagan mean when he quoted this?  Is this a biblical quote?  I'm going to say yes.  For me it is anyways that way I'm not wrong.  There are many promises in the Bible that we hear about at church, and if you have a true Word of God Pastor like me then you hear a lot about the promises of God.  But if you don't know the Bible for yourself, if you don't verify, how can you trust?  Jeremiah 17:5> This is what the Lord says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord."  So if you have a Pastor like mine, he/she wants you to not put your trust in them but search the word for yourself, so your faith can grow, so your trust can be in God.  Romans 10:17 (KJV) Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  Us verifying the word, trying the word is okay with God.  Malachi 3:10 (NIV) Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.  Test me in this, "says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of Heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."  God wants us to confirm, make sure, try His word and see that it's true.  Spend time in His Word so that our faith will grow.  So trust...but verify.  


Woman Highly Favored of God










No comments:

Post a Comment