Sunday, January 23, 2011

Being a good friend...

I took the day off yesterday.  Spent time with a good friend.  When it comes to being a good friend, no one can be a better friend than Jesus.  John 15:13-15>Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  You are My friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.  Instead, I call you friends, for everything that I learned from My Father I have made known to you.  To me He is a good friend because He laid down His life so that we could live ours, that goes without saying.  But what stands out to me is that Jesus also said here that everything He has learned from the Father, He's made known to us.  A good friend gives knowledge, why do I call it knowledge because He says we know the master's business.  It's got to be knowledge.  As we study the Bible and obey it things are revealed to us more and more.  It's called growing...A good friend helps you grow.  Praise God Almighty.  I want to be a good friend, I don't want to say a lot of foolish things to my friends, I want to give them knowledge.  God loves you, and if you haven't already given your life to Him as your personal Lord and Savior please take time to do so, this is your call.


Woman Highly Favored of God



 

No comments:

Post a Comment