Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Pride, My Fall......

Have you ever been so wrong about something, but had too much pride to admit it or to even listen to someone trying to tell you the correct way.  I know I have before.  I mean too much pride to say I'm sorry, and ladies you know how we play that "I'm not saying it first game".  Well it seems small but it only opens the door to destruction.  Seeking humbleness for me was the way to forgive others and myself.  Saying sorry, or help, or no I don't know the answer was the way for me to get off the road to destruction.  Have you ever fussed at your kids about something and been wrong?  I told mine "even when I'm wrong, I'm right."  That's so not true, I have had to share some humbling moments with my children so that they could see that God's word is true for everyone, even mommy.

Proverbs 16:18-19 (Amplified Bible)    18Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. 19Better it is to be of a humble spirit with the meek and poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. 

Being humble is the only way.  God said if His people who are called by His name would humble themselves, seek His face and turn from their wicked ways, then He will hear from Heaven and forgive their sins and heal the land.  Being humble is the start to turning from our wicked ways, and seeking after God.  Then comes forgiveness and healing.  God bless and I love you.


Woman Highly Favored of God




No comments:

Post a Comment