Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God's Wrath

I remember my daddy use to make me so mad when I would do something stupid he would pull out his Bible and tell me what thus says the Lord.  I remember daddy telling me once if you'll steal, you'll lie; if you'll lie, you'll kill.  I promise I wasn't trying to kill nobody, but Daddy's madness made me want to not steal, or lie because if I did that somebody was gonna die (at least that's what I thought back in 1987). Now I'm the parent making my kids mad with my Bible. My son Devonte' asked me "Why does everything have to be spiritual?"  You see I tell my kids that "When you don't do what you are told you are opening the door to a rebellious spirit."  Devonte' said "Ma, I just forgot", and although he may have just forgot (he's only human) I still tell him everything is spiritual, and once you put your guard down the enemy slips tiny things back in. Like if you use to steal, the Devil knows you aren't going to the store with your buddies and shoplift anymore, so you start taking office supplies from work, and try to justify it by saying "they owe me this, hard as I work".  And if you use to fornicate, the enemy knows that you got too much pride to get caught in that (well some really don't care now days) but some wouldn't want to risk not being able to usher anymore, teach Sunday School or do praise and worship, so he puts thoughts in your mind about someone and if you don't resist those thoughts quick and repent you'll begin to either have evil desires or  a spirit of covetousness.  Well I said all of that to say, not putting the flesh to death is a sure way for us to cause the wrath of God to find us.  We need to seek the Kingdom of God, and let go of earthly memories.

Colossians 3:1-7 (New KJV)

 1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them. God is Real, His Word is Real, His WRATH IS REAL!!!  I love you.


Woman Highly Favored of God

No comments:

Post a Comment